This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to the information that we collect about you when you use or sign up to our app. This Notice will refer to the how we collect, use and share information about.
Our contact details:
Name: Caroline McCallum
The type of personal information we collect
From our website we currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics:
- Job role
- Place of work
- Invoicing address
- Email address
When an organisation opts to access a free trial or purchase Verbo, we process the following information on the platform:
- Adult name
- Adult job role
- Adult email address
- Child name
- Child DoB
- Key Stage
- Year Group
- Parent/carer name
- Parent/carer email
- Name of school/place of work
Within the platform the organisation have the ability to:
- Screen a child’s communication needs
- Allocate individual targets
- Access resources to work towards targets
- Track progress towards targets
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Because you have completed a contact form on our website
- Because you have completed a contact form to request a quote for Verbo
- Because you have purchased or requested a free trial of Verbo
- Because the organisation accessing Verbo have entered the data
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Contact you e.g. with special offers, a quote
- Keep in regular contact one you have purchased Verbo
- Provide help and technical support
- Set up log in access for Verbo
- Populate and agree contracts
- Send invoices
We are the data controller for the above purposes.
When an organisation opts to access the Verbo web app either through a free trial or purchasing the platform we are the data processor. The organisation accessing the platform is the data controller. They are responsible for any information that is inputted and collected on the platform.
We will not share data with any 3rd party without your consent.
To process a payment we will:
- Request invoicing details (name, address, email)
- Provide you with a contract at the point of purchasing Verbo
- Send an invoice on a termly basis
An organisation may opt to purchase direct Speech and Language therapist time to see children over video calls e.g. for clinical assessment. At this point a referral with parental/carer consent will be made to Homerton Healthcare Foundation NHS Trust. To read information about how Homerton manages patient data please click here.
We may share this information with Blum Health Ltd who are the tech co-founders of Verbo. Information we are provided that goes onto the platform e.g. name and email address to create a log-in will be shared with the technical team.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting – firstname.lastname@example.org
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored either on:
- Within a passworded Google Workspace
- A secure NHS drive e.g. invoicing information
- On a London, UK based cloud server
We keep personal data for ten years after you finish accessing the Verbo platform. We will then dispose of your information by wiping the cloud server and permanently deleting.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk